Is Fostering Right For Me?
Top 5 Reasons to Foster a Golden
- Fostering provides a safe and healthy environment for a Golden who needs to heal, grow or get some TLC while looking for their furever homes.
- Fostering a Golden creates more space in shelters for other animals in need.
- Fostering will help with the transition of living at a shelter.
- They make great houseguests! Goldens are always appreciative of snuggles and snacks and love to give the love right back to you!
- Be a Matchmaker! When you take a Golden for a walk, it's so easy to make new friends since everyone loves the Golden smile! Your life becomes more interesting and adorable!
How Long Can I Expect to Foster a Pet?
Fosters will keep dogs an average of 4-8 weeks. Some pets need more time because of age, illness, injury, or behavior issues. Your time commitment will be discussed up-front before you agree to foster the pet, but most foster families keep the dog until the dog gets adopted.
What are the Responsibilities of a Foster Family?
- Provide a safe, clean, and caring environment for the dog.
- Provide food, water, exercise and socialization as appropriate.
- Monitor any medical and/or behavioral problems and provide any medications as directed.
- Assist with transport when necessary.